ipc::open3 example please
Author Message
 ipc::open3 example please

I've been told that IPC::open3 is the way to go for a program I'm
writing.  I am making a system call to a shell script, passing a path
variable with it(ex.  shell.sh /dir).

The script basically replicates a server to another one with rdist.  I
want the output of rdist to be outputted to the screen as it runs.  I
have written it to save the output and spit it out and the end, but do
not want the user to sit there for a half hour wondering what's
happening.

I've found a brief example of open2, but it doesn't seem to run when
put into the perl script.  Can someone send me an example of the
IPC::open3 function in relation to my application?  Thanks.

Steve

Newsgroup posts prefered.  If you respond thru email remove nospam
from address.

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. IPC Open2/Open3 examples?

2. Avoiding deadlocks with IPC::Open3()?

3. IO::Socket/IPC::Open3 on DEC alpha's (fwd)

4. IPC::Open3 mem leak

5. ANNOUNCE: IPC open2/open3 emulation module for Win32

6. IPC::Open3 Call Hangs

7. bug with IPC::Open3 and buffered filehandles

8. ipc::open3 and select

9. Alternatives to IPC::Open3? (seems to block)

10. IPC::OPEN3 on Win NT does it works?

11. IPC::Open3 using ActivePerl gives strang warning message

12. IO::Socket/IPC::Open3 on DEC alpha's