Perl calling compiled C library (.lib)
Author Message
 Perl calling compiled C library (.lib)

I am writing cgi applications that involve
calling C++ functions. The functions are located
in C files (.lib file and .dll file). The C files
are compiled and we do not have the source code --
 we got it from third party vendor --, but we do
have the documentation of the function names and
their parameters. The functions apparently do not
reside inside the .dll file , but in the .lib
file. I've read perlxs and perlxstut many times
but still in lost. Could any gurus out there
point me an example/documentation (using .lib
files / C functions) which could guide our lost
soul...? I am using Win32 platform (Windows
2000), ActiveState 5. Pleassssse help....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl calling compiled C library (.lib)
I am writing cgi applications that involve calling C++ functions. The
functions are located in C files (.lib file and .dll file). The C files
are compiled and we do not have the source code -- we got it from third
party vendor --, but we do have the documentation of the function names
and their parameters. The functions apparently do not reside inside
the .dll file , but in the .lib file. I've read perlxs and perlxstut
many times but still in lost. Could any gurus out there point me an
example/documentation (using .lib files / C functions) which could
guide our lost soul...? I am using Win32 platform (Windows 2000),
ActiveState 5. Pleassssse help....

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Perl calling compiled C library (.lib)

Quote:

> I am writing cgi applications that involve
> calling C++ functions. The functions are located
> in C files (.lib file and .dll file). The C files
> are compiled and we do not have the source code --
>  we got it from third party vendor --, but we do
> have the documentation of the function names and
> their parameters. The functions apparently do not
> reside inside the .dll file , but in the .lib
> file. I've read perlxs and perlxstut many times
> but still in lost. Could any gurus out there
> point me an example/documentation (using .lib
> files / C functions) which could guide our lost
> soul...? I am using Win32 platform (Windows
> 2000), ActiveState 5. Pleassssse help....

Hi,
    I'm not a guru, but Example 4 of perlxstut does
get into writing XSUBs that interact with C libraries.
A good start to doing this is using h2xs on a header
file - depending on the complexity of the functions,
this may do most of the hard work already. You might
also take a look at the examples in the CookBooks, under
$CPAN/authors/id/DMR/.

best regards,
randy kobes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. calling C libraries from Perl and calling Perl libraries from C

2. calling C libraries from Perl and calling Perl libraries from C

3. calling C libraries from Perl and calling Perl libraries from C

4. perl Conditional compile - Running Win32 library calls on AIX

5. bug in IRIX 5.x perl library /usr/lib/perl/syslog.pl

6. Compiling perl regex lib into other progs

7. Can't get Perl to find modules in Lib directory when compiling

8. Adding Library file with "use lib"

9. Hot novel by CS professor, includes perl code

10. Q: Tests op/misc, op/write, lib/ndbm, lib/posix, lib/sdbm failed

11. Compile C library into Perl

12. Compile Perl module in Binary Library