memory eating progs on win32 perl!
Author Message
 memory eating progs on win32 perl!

I have a little, nice daemon that grows (mem space) from 700k to 17
Mb.....:<<<
on  a NT system....Ideas ?
Second I have another little, nice daemon that doesn't release the
handles it gets...
I HATE NT.

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 memory eating progs on win32 perl!

Quote:
> I have a little, nice daemon that grows (mem space) from 700k to 17
> Mb.....:<<<
> on  a NT system....Ideas ?
> Second I have another little, nice daemon that doesn't release the
> handles it gets...

Which version of perl? Are you sure your code is correct? It's sort of
hard for us to comment on your code if we don't know what it is. One
little thing: perl 5.0003 used to have some memory leaks. 5.004_04
solves those.

Quote:
> I HATE NT.

Then why use it?

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen                  |
Webmaster www.tradingpost.com.au    | Inside every anarchy lurks an old boy

Mon, 24 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Win32::ODBC trouble (eats memory)

2. Win32::ODBC trouble (eats memory)

3. Perl is eating up my memory

4. Tracking down a memory-eating bug

5. eval eats up all my memory! (in perl5)

6. Sybperl eats memory like mad

7. This script eats memory - please tell me why

8. Q: perl5 script eats memory w/ look.pl

9. READING hashes eats memory!?

10. Compiling perl regex lib into other progs

11. IIS: Perl CGI's execing command line progs, can't read from pipe

12. Batch-file for perl-progs