Reading a NT directory from Unix
Author Message
 Reading a NT directory from Unix

Hiya

What modules should I look further upon if I have to do the following:

Checking if a file exists on a machine running Windows NT Workstation.
The file is in a shared directory (maybe also reading it could be
necessary).

The NT directory is shared.
Using TCP/IP
I am administrator both on Unix and the NT
Not using client/server programming
The program is run from Unix
Written in Perl (of course .-))

Samba is installed on the Unix box, but not all clients has access to
it.

Anders (Denmark)

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:55:44 GMT
 Reading a NT directory from Unix

>What modules should I look further upon if I have to do the following:

>Checking if a file exists on a machine running Windows NT Workstation.
>The file is in a shared directory (maybe also reading it could be
>necessary).

From a Perl p.o.v. you do not need any modules - the file tests should
work just fine if you have mounted the NT volumes correctly. Getting
that done is not a Perl problem and as such not part of the scope of
this group. Hint: If you're running Linux, check out smbmount.

HTH,
--
Thomas Baetzler - http://baetzler.de/ - Clan LoL - http://lavabackflips.de/
I am the "ILOVEGNU" signature virus. Just copy me to your signature.

Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:06:25 GMT

1. Problem to read DOS directory from SCO UNIX

2. Problem reading an NT directory

3. Reading directories, entering directories, chaning file permissions...

4. anounce:making Crypt::IDEA under NT, exchange crypted data between Unix and NT

5. times function Unix, yes, NT, no -Perl NT

6. Directory Notification in Unix?

7. directory entries chopped on SCO Unix

8. Unix perl directory conventions??

9. directory and moving files on unix

10. HOw to check for file existence in each home directory of Unix users

11. Modifying \n\r on a directory tree of html files to \n files for UNIX

12. Modifying \n\r on a directory tree of html files to \n files for UNIX