CR/LF from a form
Author Message
 CR/LF from a form

I have a Perl CGI script I'm sending form data to. The script does not
format the data at all, so it's up to me to do it.

How can I insert a CR/LF character where I want it? Otherwise all the data
prints out in one big long string.

For example, after sending a form field saying "Hi <name>" I would want to
send a CR/LF before going on to a new field saying "I hope everything is
OK".

Please help if you know!

PS. I could try <br> but it won't work for people who use plain-text email
programs.
PPS. The script itself uses "\n" in certain place, but I can't get that to
work from within the form data (and I don't want to hardwire anything into
the script so that it remains flexible).

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:17:13 GMT

1. Converting LF to CR+LF

2. DOS Perl convering LF to CR/LF

3. $/ = CR LF?

4. <FILE> and CR-LF

5. Binary data and CR-LF's in MSDOS

6. CR before login or any help that would lf before login

7. CR/LF

8. how to remove cr/lf ???

9. Question about formatting/(CR/LF) in PERL

10. Perl and CR+LF

11. Any Utility in Win32/Win95/Dos to remove CR or LF

12. CR LF to <br> in REGEX