configuring pop3 host for net::pop3
Author Message
 configuring pop3 host for net::pop3

I am trying to write a set of scripts that use Net::POP3.  However, i am
not sure how to configure the pophost section in Net::Config.  Our pop
server is kicked of via inetd.  That, and I am not sure where it is as I
did not install it on my system (rh 5.0, perl5.00502).  Where do I
begin?  Do I need to run pop as a background daemon, or can I get at it
through inetd?

thank You

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
David Hajoglou

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 03 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 configuring pop3 host for net::pop3

Quote:
> I am trying to write a set of scripts that use Net::POP3.  However, i am
> not sure how to configure the pophost section in Net::Config.  Our pop
> server is kicked of via inetd.  That, and I am not sure where it is as I
> did not install it on my system (rh 5.0, perl5.00502).  Where do I
> begin?  Do I need to run pop as a background daemon, or can I get at it
> through inetd?

If your POP3 server is being run by inetd then you dont have to worry about
it.  Net::POP3 requires you to specify a POP3 server in the constructor
so it doesnt need preconfiguring - I would read the Net::POP3 manpage.

My best advice would be to read the manpage for the module and try some
code and if you find that it doesnt work post back a small example of
code that doesnt work ...

/J\
--

Some of your questions answered:
<URL:http://www.btinternet.com/~gellyfish/resources/wwwfaq.htm>

Wed, 05 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. NET::SSH, NET::FTP, NET::POP3 (how to detect)

2. POP3 Server module (MS Exchange -> POP3 gateway)

3. Net::POP3

4. Net:POP3 From/To lines

5. Net::POP3 Module error under Perl5 for Win32

6. Net::POP3 fails to login to mailbox if its empty

7. Help with Net::Pop3

8. net::pop3 problems

9. ActivePerl Net::Pop3

10. Net::POP3 problems