Perl/NT print formatting question
Author Message
 Perl/NT print formatting question

I was thinking I'd like to use Perl to format some simple reports on
NT, except as soon as my reports exceed 80 columns or need to be
slightly pretty I have to start controlling the font and stuff, which
can't be done by just dumping text into the printer.

So, can anyone tell me where to start?  Should I be thinking of calling
the Windows SDK print control functions from Perl?  Should I be calling
printer escape sequences?  Have people built Perl extensions that might
help?  Or is this a stupid thing to think of using Perl for?

(BTW, if it matters, I'm printing to an HP 4SiMx connected to an NT network.)

Thanks.

--

Sun, 14 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multi-line print format question

2. Formatted printing question

3. zero formatted printing (QUESTION)

4. Printing in format statments using e/g format

5. FORMAT: printing non-printing characters

6. Need formatted print utility for perl

7. ?? format printing in PERL ==> .HTML (2nd edition)

8. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

9. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

10. PRINTING UNDER NT : Using PERL/TK

11. Newbie Q: perl & NT print command

12. Printing problems NT and PERL