documentation for functions in c
Author Message
 documentation for functions in c

hi

I'm searching some docs for writing functions for perl in C. i've alredy
found perlapi, perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut. is there more around?

thanks

--
        Roger Faust

Fri, 14 May 2004 19:53:24 GMT
 documentation for functions in c

Quote:

> I'm searching some docs for writing functions for perl in C. i've alredy
> found perlapi, perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut. is there more around?

www.swig.org might of interest for you.

regards,
eg

Fri, 14 May 2004 17:32:02 GMT
 documentation for functions in c

Quote:
>I'm searching some docs for writing functions for perl in C. i've alredy
>found perlapi, perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut. is there more around?

I recall those were the four I read when I experimented with
perl/C interface layer.
--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland

         !M V PS(+) PE Y+ PGP(+) t- 5 !X R !tv b+ !DI D G e+ h--- r+++ y+++

Fri, 14 May 2004 18:15:57 GMT
 documentation for functions in c
On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:53:24 +0100,

Quote:
> hi

> I'm searching some docs for writing functions for perl in C. i've alredy
> found perlapi, perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut. is there more around?

There are some others that you may want to read after you've finished
with those:

perlintern, perlclib, perlapio and maybe perlcall.

If you're just trying to provide a Perl interface to a C library, the
documents you already mentioned are probably enough (also read the
documentation on h2xs). In that case, however, you might want to also
look at SWIG, which someone else has already mentioned.

Martien
--

Martien Verbruggen              | This matter is best disposed of from
Trading Post Australia Pty Ltd  | a great height, over water.

Fri, 14 May 2004 22:46:38 GMT
 documentation for functions in c
: hi

: I'm searching some docs for writing functions for perl in C. i've alredy
: found perlapi, perlguts, perlxs and perlxstut. is there more around?

Not documentation, and I've never used it, but the Inline module(s) might
be of interest to you.

Fri, 14 May 2004 23:10:13 GMT

1. Documentation of Curses Functions

2. Documentation of Gtk's functions

3. p5a8 bug: function ref as function argument

4. how to pass a function name to a function, and have it call it

5. Passing arrays by reference to C functions and callback functions

6. Function to pass multiple strings to other function??

7. function prototype, file includes, arrays to functions

8. Functions within functions in a class

9. Call C function in XS from C function in the same XS file

10. Problem with join function (and split function)

11. "Unsupported function alarm function..."???

12. Assigning named function to function lookup table