Arbitrary Precision Perl Scripts for Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Needed
Author Message
 Arbitrary Precision Perl Scripts for Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Needed

Is there anyone out there who is willing to share their Perl scripts for
subtraction, multiplication, and division?  I'm looking for Perl scripts
that will perform these operations accurately on numbers with 30 digits to
the right or left of the decimal point.  (The Perl module Math::BigFloat
gives me all sorts of warnings when I try to use it -- needless to say, I
don't have too much confidence in its ability to do things correctly.)  Help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Sun, 16 May 2004 16:53:10 GMT
 Arbitrary Precision Perl Scripts for Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Needed
On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:53:10 GMT, "Basil Skordinski"

Quote:

>Is there anyone out there who is willing to share their
>Perl scripts for subtraction, multiplication, and division?
>I'm looking for Perl scripts that will perform these operations
>accurately on numbers with 30 digits to the right or left of
>the decimal point.  (The Perl module Math::BigFloat
>gives me all sorts of warnings when I try to use it --
>needless to say, I don't have too much confidence in its
>ability to do things correctly.)  Help
>would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I think your warnings have nothing to do with
Math::BigFloat.  It works just fine and dandy
for its intended purpose.  "Needless to say", you'll
have to share this mysterious code if you want
anyone to believe you that a standard Perl module
that has seen year of active service has suddenly
developed an "all sorts of warnings" syndrome.

Regards,
Helgi Briem

Sun, 16 May 2004 17:10:56 GMT

1. subtraction and double precision

2. arbitrary precision arithmetic

3. Precision, and precision and precision...

4. My perl script to run arbitrary tasks in parallel

5. Perl Script Example for arbitrary text parsing???

6. Perl messing up simple multiplication

7. matrix multiplication

8. Simple Perl "subtraction" bug

9. Compiling PERL on NS/3.2

10. a long integer division bug in perl?

11. How do I do integer division in Perl?

12. Perl 5.0 for NS/FIP 3.3