Newbie needs simple perl script for web page
Author Message
 Newbie needs simple perl script for web page

Hello,

I need a simple perl script to implement a HTML form on my web page.
However, I have no experience in writing form-processing applications.
All I need is a basic application called "passwd" that will verify
the user name and password as "guest" and then display a HTML file.

Quote:

> <pre>
>     Username: <input type=text name=username size=5>
>     Password: <input type=password name=password size=5></td>
> </pre>
> </form>

Any help would be very much appreciated. No need to post reply to
this Newsgroup, direct E-mail is preferred.

Thanks in advance,

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs simple perl script for web page

Quote:

> Hello,

> I need a simple perl script to implement a HTML form on my web page.
> However, I have no experience in writing form-processing applications.
> All I need is a basic application called "passwd" that will verify
> the user name and password as "guest" and then display a HTML file.

        I'm quite sure that's not how you want to do that.  Try using
authconfigs in a .htaccess file to verify the user.  It'll be a lot
easier to do, and is really what you're trying anyway.

Quote:
> Any help would be very much appreciated. No need to post reply to
> this Newsgroup, direct E-mail is preferred.

        (I post, sorry).

--
IPA.net Sysadmin         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.

|    Key fingerprint =  87 02 57 08 02 D0 DA D6  C8 0F 3E 65 51 98 D8 BE

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbie needs simple perl script for web page

If you are using perl on win95, the scripts at:
http://www.wagg.com/demos
will work. They are not advanced or complicated, but they do work.
Joe

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie: Needs to know how to get script to read remote web page

2. perl script for generating simple web page

3. newbie to perl - need simple search perl script

4. Newbie needs help- trying to submit command-line function to perl script via web

5. Newbie needs mentor for web perl scripts

6. Need a script to replace a link with the web page it points to

7. Newbie Help: How to display image on web page using Perl

8. newbie question about reloading a web page through perl

9. Need Help running a simple Perl counter of html pages

10. How to call a perl script or web page from within perl

11. simple web page scrape

12. LWP::Simple: How to change my USER AGENT when parsing an external web page