Location, Redirection
Author Message
 Location, Redirection

Why does the following code work with MS Internet Explorer but not with
Netscape Browsers?

$url = " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ";
print "Location: $correcturl\n\n";

How do I have to modify it to make it work with every browser, or at
least with the above mentioned?

Thanks in Advance

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Location, Redirection

Quote:
>Why does the following code work with MS Internet Explorer but not with
>Netscape Browsers?

the browsers don't know anything about the code.  something is wrong
with the HTTP portion of this project, so it is only incidently
related to Perl.

Quote:
>$url = "http://www.myserver.com";
>print "Location: $correcturl\n\n";

>How do I have to modify it to make it work with every browser, or at
>least with the above mentioned?

what in $correcturl  ?

details about CGI and HTTP are best asked in a forum dedicated to
those topics.  however, you can use HTTPeek (a nifty Perl script) to
see what your CGI script is sending to the browser.

good luck :)

--

CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://computerdog.com/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>
HTTPeek <URL:http://computerdog.com/httpeek/>

Mon, 03 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wierd redirection problem with Location:

2. redirection Location help

3. Redirection using location

4. Wierd redirection problem with Location:

5. redirection using Location

6. redirection using Location: in Perl CGI script

7. print Location and print "Location

8. about "redirection" question..-->Status: 302 Moved Location: http://www.fju.edu.tw

9. problem with typeglob redirection of STDOUT

10. Redirection in DOS

11. IO redirection on Win32