I/O of child processes !!!
Author Message
 I/O of child processes !!!

Hallo,
I have problems with I/O of processes created with backquotes, system() and
exec() from perl5 on my HP-UX system.
For example, an instruction like:

$myvar = `UNIXVAR=123 ; echo $UNIXVAR`

sets no value at all for $myvar.  Why ?
Is this supposed to work just with a particular shell ?
I have the same problems with exec() and system().

Even if I believe that the defaults should work fine in my cases, I have
looked on the books (camel and llama) for perl variables that manipulate the
I/O of child processes, but I do not see anything like that.
Do they exist ?

All responses appreciated
Thanks in advance

Tue, 14 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Signals and parent/child/child processes

2. Monitoring multiple child process's children ?

3. Child processes keep appearing in process list

4. Forking processes (getting child process id)

5. Child processes don't clean up (defunct processes left) even though SIGCHLD does wait()

6. question on a process mgmt (how to kill a child process without creating zombie)

7. exit from child process kills parent process

8. open doesn't return child pid under OS/2

9. Urgent help with non-blocking child process required

10. maintaining a list of child process pid's (exec winterm)

11. EOF not detected if child executes a background process

12. need help:problems accessing subroutines within child processes