Inserting to a hyperlinked field in MS Access using ActiveState
Author Message
 Inserting to a hyperlinked field in MS Access using ActiveState

I have an Access table with a field defined as a hyperlink.  When I
INSERT a record (using ActiveState Win32::ODBC SQL) the data in the
hyperlinked field does not act as a hyperlink.  I have to manually cut
and re-paste the URL (which in this case is a file location) within
Access using Access's "Hyperlink -> Edit" to get it to work as a
hyperlink.

My SQL INSERT statement is:

INSERT INTO ResultsTable (WebSiteName, ResultLocation) VALUES
('www.test.com', 'file://f:\ saved files\www.test.com.au.html
');

WebSiteName is the index field (a standard text field) and
ResultLocation is the hyperlink field.

I'd be grateful for suggestions on how to get it to work.

Thanks

Keith

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 04:21:01 GMT
 Inserting to a hyperlinked field in MS Access using ActiveState

Quote:
>I have an Access table with a field defined as a hyperlink.  When I
>INSERT a record (using ActiveState Win32::ODBC SQL) the data in the
>hyperlinked field does not act as a hyperlink.

[snip]

Access's hyperlink data type is a kludge.  It actually consists of up
to four parts, separated by '#' characters.  The only essential
part--the URL--is the *second* part, so it needs a leading and
trailing '#'.  (This means you can't simply import a file full of
URLs.  Whoever designed this deserves, well . . .)

Details are documented in Access help; see "HyperlinkPart function".

--
Mike Sherrill
Information Management Systems

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:32:31 GMT

1. Inserting a large file into a MS-SQL BLOB field

2. cgi ms access dbi insert problem: still no luck

3. dbi ms access cgi insert problem + cleaned up code

4. dbi ms access cgi insert problem + code

5. dbi ms access cgi insert problem

6. Perl/DBI/MS-Access: Problems inserting an integer...

7. Testing MSQL/Perl scripts at home with MS Access/Activestate Perl

8. How to access MS Access using perl/cgi/unix

9. Using Perl to access a MS Access DB from Web

10. Remote access to MS Access using Perl.

11. Module DBI - MS-Access and MEMO-Field

12. DBD::ODBC DBI and MS Access memo field