How do I translate between the Unicode 1.1 Hangul character set and the Unicode 3.1 Hangul character set?
Author Message
 How do I translate between the Unicode 1.1 Hangul character set and the Unicode 3.1 Hangul character set?

Hi,

I am writing a Perl program that will convert between two different database
file formats. One is a flat file format, the other is XML compliant.

The problem is that the flat files are encoded according to the Unicode 1.1
standard, while the XML files must be encoded according to Unicode 3.1. The
files contain data in several different languages, including Korean. The
Unicode Consortium changed the mapping of the Korean Hangul characters when
they released Unicode 2.0.

Unfortunately, they didn't just move the characters, they changed their
names, and switched the order in which they are declared. Thus, it is not
possible to remap the characters by just comparing the names in the
different versions of the Unicode mapping tables.

What I need is either an existing Perl module that can do the translation, a
mapping table so that I can roll my own module, or a conversion application
that I can integrate with the conversion system I am writing.

Does anyone know about anything that could help?

/Henrik

--
---
Henrik Martensson

Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:56:59 GMT

1. reading unicode file/creating unicode dir under w2k

2. Unicode Map8 or Unicode String install for Win32?

3. DESTROY.al message while using Unicode::Map8, Unicode::Map

4. Unicode-String and Unicode-Map8 for win32

5. Unicode::Map v 1.10 && GB2312-80

6. Unicode/high-bit character translation help.

7. Can't print Unicode characters.

8. unicode character error

9. Help with DBI and unicode characters?

10. unicode characters with PerlMagick

11. Replace Unicode character

12. Remove Unicode control character from string