http+sockets
Author Message
 http+sockets

Hi,
I've got to write an aplication similiar that will:
1) analyze a html form
2) display it like lynx or sth similiar and allow user to type
everything as in normal form
3) submit the form.

1,2 are almost done.
HOwere I have no idea how to submit submit such a form. I tried
telneting to port 80 of my comp and talk to www server I managed
to get the some files typying:
get http://www.*-*-*.com/
host: bla.bla.bla

It works. But I don't know how to send something to the cgi
script. I am especially interested in GET type forms, ( the
program will have to analyze that kind of forms (mostly :()).

I was thinking of opening a socket and then typing there the same
text I typed when telneting. The problem is I don't know what to
type ;). Another problem is How can I read the response back from
the www server ( analysing html code is almost done )

Please help me.

Thank You in advance
                                        Krzysztof Sierota

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 http+sockets

Quote:
>It works. But I don't know how to send something to the cgi
>script. I am especially interested in GET type forms, ( the
>program will have to analyze that kind of forms (mostly :()).

use LWP::UserAgent and HTTP::Request.  the docs have plenty
of examples.

good luck :)

--

CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://computerdog.com/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>
Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) <URL:http://www.perl.com>

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 http+sockets

Thank YOu very much, hope I'll manage ;)

Quote:

> >It works. But I don't know how to send something to the cgi
> >script. I am especially interested in GET type forms, ( the
> >program will have to analyze that kind of forms (mostly :()).

> use LWP::UserAgent and HTTP::Request.  the docs have plenty
> of examples.

> good luck :)

> --

> CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://computerdog.com/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>
> Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) <URL:http://www.perl.com>
> Perl Mongers <URL:http://www.pm.org>

Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HTTP Socket problem....

2. cgi.pm http socket example

3. http socket programming

4. HTTP SOCKET SUPPORT

5. MacPerl sockets in my HTTP server

6. Using File::Copy and Sockets to copy public files from http addresses

7. HTTP Server using Sockets

8. HTTP & sockets on win32

9. IO::Socket, HTTP POST vs. GET

10. HTTP Header (using IO::Socket)