Compile script to exe on many platforms
Author Message
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

Hi,

I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform (Unix
and Windows).  Is it possible?

thanks,

neb

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform
(Unix
> and Windows).  Is it possible?

> thanks,

> neb

http://www.indigostar.com/perl2exe.htm

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

> I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform
(Unix
> and Windows).  Is it possible?

Take a look at perl2exe:
http://www.indigostar.com/perl2exe.htm

HTH,
--
Alain BARBET
http://www.alianwebserver.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

++ Hi,
++
++ I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform (Unix
++ and Windows).  Is it possible?

On Unix, you would use "cp" (compile perl).

    # cp program.pl program.exe

Abigail

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

Quote:

> ++ Hi,
> ++
> ++ I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform (Unix
> ++ and Windows).  Is it possible?

> On Unix, you would use "cp" (compile perl).
>     # cp program.pl program.exe
> Abigail

This is just disturbing.

--

Huh?  http://www.flactem.com/utils/rot13.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Compile script to exe on many platforms

Quote:

> > ++ I have a script that I want to compile to exe on different platform (Unix
> > ++ and Windows).  Is it possible?

> > On Unix, you would use "cp" (compile perl).
> >     # cp program.pl program.exe
> > Abigail

> This is just disturbing.

Satisfyingly enough, assuming exec permissions and a correct #! line in
the script, the legacy *nix cp command will "compile" *ahem* the script
into a nominal "exe" which will be executable.

...and Windoze users need never know the difference...

...regardless of whether or not Abigail was pulling any legs.  ;)

--

Programmers are achievement oriented; give them an impossible task,
and they'll do their best to give you what they think you would have

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Compiling Perl to .exe for Windows Platform

2. compiling perl scripts under win32 platform

3. How to compile perl script into .exe file with a module

4. How to compile a pm Net.Telnet into .exe file

5. Compile Perl to Exe Prog

6. FYI : Compiling Perl to EXE (Windows or UNIX)

7. LWP won't compile into freestanding exe

8. Multi-platform Perl compiles

9. Multi-platform Perl compiles

10. Compiler to compile 2 files into 1 exe

11. can perl be compiled into EXE format?

12. Compile error on STDOUT format on NT platform