taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)
Author Message
 taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)

Is there any way to turn on taint checking when running PerlIS.dll/ISAPI
under IIS?  I'm looking for something like 'c:\perl\bin\perlis -T', but on
a script by script basis.

Thanks.

David

PS.  I apologize if this post shows up twice.  I posted it once before,
but it never arrived at Deja or my local news feed, so I'm trying again.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)

Quote:
> Is there any way to turn on taint checking when running PerlIS.dll/ISAPI
> under IIS?  I'm looking for something like 'c:\perl\bin\perlis -T', but on
> a script by script basis.

So are you saying that PerlIS doesnt recognize a -T in the shebang line ?

try putting :

   #!perl -T

at the top of your program.

/J\
--
Jonathan Stowe
http://www.gellyfish.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)

Quote:
> So are you saying that PerlIS doesnt recognize a -T in the shebang line ?

> try putting :

>    #!perl -T

> at the top of your program.

That doesn't work- I get the dreaded 'too late for "-T" option...' message
whe run from the command line, and 'script produced no output' when run
from the browser.

If I change the Application Mapping for .pl to

  c:\perl\bin\perlis.dll -T

I get the following:

  The specified module could not be found.

David

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)
On 28 Feb 2000 19:04:56 -0000,

Quote:

> > Is there any way to turn on taint checking when running PerlIS.dll/ISAPI
> > under IIS?  I'm looking for something like 'c:\perl\bin\perlis -T', but on
> > a script by script basis.

> So are you saying that PerlIS doesnt recognize a -T in the shebang line ?

> try putting :

>    #!perl -T

> at the top of your program.
>>From my memories of other discussions on MS Win and/or IIS on clp.misc:

I believe that IIS executes (it has to) perl scripts by invoking them
with some configuration parameter that tells it where the perl
interpreter is (which would be something like 'c:\perl\bin\perl'), and
then the script name, since the OS it runs on doesn't have the
functionality needed to execute scripts directly.

That means that the script would be started as

c:\perl\bin\perl script.pl

A shebang line with -T would result in

Too late for "-T" option at tt.pl line 1.

\begin{offtopic}

To the OP:

I know nothing about IIS, and hardly anything about MS Win, but
I suspect you could consider having IIS execute scripts based on
extension. .pl executes with 'perl', .pt with 'perl -T'.
Alternatively, you could do things with batch files.

But that has nothing at all to do with Perl, and a lot with IIS. Maybe
the question could be asked in a group that talks about IIS.

\end{offtopic}

Martien
--
Martien Verbruggen              |
Interactive Media Division      | Useful Statistic: 75% of the people

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. taint check with PerlIS.dll/ISAPI (repost)

2. Unable to load ISAPI dll perlis.dll

3. ISAPI perlIS.dll Issue with carpout

4. taint checking with perlis/perlex

5. PerlMagick with ActivePerl (perlis.dll) on NT4 / IIS4 wont load Magick.dll for Dynaloader.pm

6. Perl for ISAPI (PerlIS)

7. How to call ISAPI dll from perl?

8. Win32 problem with ISAPI (PERLISS.DLL ) apps not working with anything more than basic syntax

9. Hip Perl ISApi DLL Security Problem

10. Win32::ODBC and PerlIS.dll on IIS

11. Opendir fails via perlis.dll

12. PerlIS.dll and IIS 3