passing arguments on the command line to the script
Author Message
 passing arguments on the command line to the script

HI,

     I know this question is basic, but when I entered search strings
similar to what's above on google I didn't get any hits.  So, it's very
simple.  I'm not a perl guru by any means, and I'm using a book that
actually is on shell scripting but happens to cover perl a little bit.

     A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a script which gets a list of all
files with a certain name on the file system starting from / and deletes
the files that match the pattern.  Well, the pattern was fixed and I
want to extend the ability to be dynamic.  So, how would I?  Would I use
something similar to the $1, $2, $3, etc. used in shell scripting, or no?

Andy

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:57:07 GMT
 passing arguments on the command line to the script

jue

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 16:59:08 GMT
 passing arguments on the command line to the script

Quote:

> jue

Sounds right.  That was too easy.

Andy

Sat, 05 Feb 2005 18:01:54 GMT

1. Passing form values back to a script as command line arguments

2. passing command-line arguments to script !

3. Passing command line arguments to script

4. Help passing argument to the command line

5. command line argument passing?

6. running perl at command line with arguments: script.cgi?text=text

7. Piping to script w/ command line arguments

8. running perl at command line with arguments: script.cgi?text=text

9. Getting command line arguments from cgi script (@ARGV)

10. too many filenames to pass on a command line to a perl script

11. Passing Args to script via web and command line

12. passing argument to system command