end-of-line characters for distributed Perl code
Author Message
 end-of-line characters for distributed Perl code

Hello all,

What is the convention for line endings when distributing Perl code that
may end up on multiple platforms?  Does it get stored in *.tar.gz format
with LF line endings only?

I've done some tests and, for the same CPAN download, I get different line
endings on different platforms after decompression.  I suppose that my
un-tar.gz apps are doing something special.  It seems that either LF or
CRLF would work for me with my platform-aware decompressors but I'm asking
to see if others have suggestions or experiences.  Some vendors offer
separate downloads for each line ending but that is rare.

Regards,
Reuben

Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:15:00 GMT

1. HELP!! Perl, appending characters at end of lines

2. How to insert End of Line character?

3. Distributing perl-code in different files, how?

4. $ matches end-of-line *or* end-of-string!

5. obfuscating script for security of distributed code

6. I am looking for a Perl front end for a Code Control environment like sccs

7. Using $ to match end of line - Perl v5.6.1 Cygwin Win XP

8. adding character to end of each element in array

9. End of file characters??

10. strip from character to end of string

11. What is the end of file character for Mac

12. Character codes in Perl