Multi process under windows NT
Author Message
 Multi process under windows NT

I would like to build a multi process server under Windows NT platform,
I would the server to fork another process when a client is iniatines a
connection.
Unfortunately fork() is not supported for Perl platforms under windows
NT platform.
Is there any way I can overcome this annoying problem ?
Help appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 18:57:17 GMT
 Multi process under windows NT

Quote:
> Unfortunately fork() is not supported for Perl platforms under windows
> NT platform.
> Is there any way I can overcome this annoying problem ?

Yes...get ActiveState's ActivePerl 5.6 (build 61x)...fork() is supported.

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 19:32:34 GMT
 Multi process under windows NT

Quote:

>Yes...get ActiveState's ActivePerl 5.6 (build 61x)...fork() is supported.

Is it supported under Win95?

Fri, 18 Apr 2003 04:04:18 GMT

1. Windows NT processes

2. Perl 5 for NT: How to do an End Process on a deadlocked Perl process

3. Multi-line processing help needed

4. Multi-process communication

5. ARGV processing of multi-worded strings?

6. Relational database for Windows/Windows 95/NT

7. Processing multi-line entities with perl

8. How to resolve multi process issue???

9. Multi-Processing a Large Task - Critique Req.

10. multi-process at the same time??

11. Multi-computer execution tool/controller for long processes

12. Where can I get Perl for Windows NT or Windows 95