Unicode output in Command Line
Author Message
 Unicode output in Command Line

Using ActiveState's latest drop of Perl for Windows.
My OS is Win XP Pro. The Command Line's font is set to Lucinda Console.
I'm attempting to output to the command line a unicode character.  I know
this is possible because I have done this in C#.
Here is my simple code...

use utf8;
print "\x{263b}";

The output is...

???

I have printed to a text file and the character is printed.  It just isn't
outputting to the command window. I also tried it w/o the USE UTF8 pragma,
but the result is the same.

Any ideas?

Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:49:30 GMT

1. capturing command line error or output from `<command>`

2. Output of a command line command

3. novice question: how import many lines of command output

4. Command line options Input >Output how?

5. command-line output re-direction in winNT

6. SNMP PERL module / command-line output differ

7. Capturing Command Line Output

8. capturing command-line output in NT - grrr!

9. outputting blank lines via the write command

10. browser output different from command line

11. line-by-line add to HTML-output