cant send with GD generated image :((
Author Message
 cant send with GD generated image :((
Hi!

I think it's not a big problem. I would render a string to an image and
send this image as a MIME mixed email to a user. I can output the image as
well with

binmode STDOUT;
print $image->png;

But i would send this manipulated image to a user using MIME:Lite.

$png_data = $image->png;

$mail = MIME::Lite->new(
        From    => $sndemail,
        To      => $rcpemail,
        Subject => 'ecard',
        Type    => 'multipart/mixed'
);
$mail->attach(Type      => 'TEXT',
                Data    => $sndtext
        );
$mail->attach(Type      =>'image/png',
                Path    => $png_data,
                Disposition=>'attachment'
        );

$mail->send;

The problem is, that the script fails and my http.error log is filled up
with binary png data.
Has anyone a idea, how i would get the $image to an attachment of the
email??

It would be great. Thanks!

Roman

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:06:20 GMT
 cant send with GD generated image :((

Quote:
>Hi!

>$mail->attach(Type      =>'image/png',
>                Path    => $png_data,
>                Disposition=>'attachment'
>        );

I think that you want 'Data => $ping_data' instaid of Path.

Good luck!

--
    This space intentionally left blank

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:47:25 GMT
 cant send with GD generated image :((

Quote:

>>Hi!

>>$mail->attach(Type      =>'image/png',
>>                Path    => $png_data,
>>                Disposition=>'attachment'
>>        );

> I think that you want 'Data => $ping_data' instaid of Path.

> Good luck!

Thats it! Thanks a lot!!

Greetings Roman..

--------------------------
www: http://www.romanofski.de

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:18:20 GMT

1. GD: not a GD::Image type?

2. Cant get GD-1.2x to compile in Redhat 6.1

3. help, cant install GD

4. How do convert png images generated using GD.pm into gif images.

5. Generate Postscript Level 2 for Images

6. How to generate an image in real time?

7. Generating Image Thumbnail Files

8. About ASP PerlScript generating dynamic pictures with GD

9. script for generating a preview web page for many images

10. Problem with perl generated images in MSIE4 pages

11. Q:perlcc Cannot generate image successfully?

12. generating images with perl