making Links active
Author Message
 making Links active

     s/(\b\w{3}\.\w+\.(?:com|net|org|mil|etc).*\b)/\<a
href=\"$1\"\>$1\<\/a\>/i;

Quote:
}

If I'm correct, this will make any link written in a message clickable. I have
two questions. Number one, how would I make this ignore links in message which
are already clickable. in other words, with the <a href= etc., already in it?

The number two question is, how would I make it make links clickable which
don't have www. attached to it. And also still catch those which do? Thanks for
any help.

Sat, 15 May 2004 05:02:00 GMT

1. Error using Perl image link parser example from Active State site

2. Help: Need nifty idea for efficiently linking objects together and making comparisons,,,

3. making 'find' follow soft links

4. Need help making a link in Pod format

5. Making Progress! Linking errors (LNK2001) GD module

6. making links on the fly

7. Need help making a link in Pod format

8. Has anybody tried making Active Server Pages (IIS 4.0) in active Perl?

9. I get all links, but no not want the picture links

10. PERLFUNC: link - create a hard link in the filesytem

11. PERLFUNC: link - create a hard link in the filesytem

12. perl script < active newsgroups list > hierarchical html links