OT:Need new ISP
Author Message
 OT:Need new ISP

I have an old system that uses perl scripts to fire off a system command
which drives the system. My old ISP, All Information Systems, was sold off
to Interliant and now has been sold to Interland. End result is the new
servers won't allow a system command to be run from perl scripts. Can
anybody recommend a good ISP that's NT-based and allows system commands to
run a .exe file on the server?

Thanks.

--
Rick Ryan - Computer Consultant
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 14 May 2004 22:17:07 GMT
 OT:Need new ISP

So just prefixing a post with "OT" is enopugh to then go ahead and post
whatever you like to whichever newsgroup is closest? I don't think so.

Quote:
> I have an old system that uses perl scripts to fire off a system command
> which drives the system. My old ISP, All Information Systems, was sold
> off to Interliant and now has been sold to Interland. End result is the
> new servers won't allow a system command to be run from perl scripts.
> Can anybody recommend a good ISP that's NT-based and allows system
> commands to run a .exe file on the server?

I would say that "good" and NT-based are almost certainly
mutually-exclusive terms. But, the short answer is "no".

And highly unlikely.

Zak.

Fri, 14 May 2004 23:02:55 GMT

1. OT: New Perl Journal

2. Need help with simple code not working on my ISP's server

3. OT :: *nix pronunciation (waaaay OT)

4. Missing module at ISP

5. ISP with Perl v5 ??

6. test -- ignore -- isp problems -- ignore

7. Looking for Linux ISP with a vitual server for tests

8. Looking for Linux ISP with a vitual server for tests

9. ISP based List Server Programme

10. Can't use LWP::Simple on my ISP's Server

11. howto load modules to an ISP website?

12. ISP module install problems