Perl with cygnus
Author Message
 Perl with cygnus

Ok, I was bored last week, so I tried to get perl running on my NT box
at work.  After a little searching, I found that there were free
development tools available for NT which also were pre-configured to
compile perl easilly.  Here's a listing of the steps I took.

1)  Downloaded beta 18 version, installed, configured environment, and
tested gcc and all other utils.
2)  Transfered perl5.004_02, unpacked in /perl5.004, and followed steps
in README.cygwin32.
3) Multiple problems were found, however all were fixed except the
following:  When making Fcntl.c, the compiler would complain about a bad
defenition in op.h where the defenition for op was detailed:

struct op {
    BASEOP

Quote:
};

The error was a complaint about bad (, followed by a bad }

I worked on this for a day and couldn't find anything which would cause
this.  I attempted to simply put the define into the struct, no dice.
Pull the struct out of op.h and put it in perl.h, nothing.  At this
point I thought it might possibly be an error on the compiler provided
with cygnus, so I went back to beta 17.1, which is what the
README.cygwin32 lists as being designed for, and got the same errors as
before.

Anyone else have good things to say about this?  Words of wisdom
welcome.

 Jason

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl with cygnus

: Ok, I was bored last week, so I tried to get perl running on my NT box
: at work.  After a little searching, I found that there were free
: development tools available for NT which also were pre-configured to
: compile perl easilly.  Here's a listing of the steps I took.
: 1)  Downloaded beta 18 version, installed, configured environment, and
: tested gcc and all other utils.
: 2)  Transfered perl5.004_02, unpacked in /perl5.004, and followed steps
: in README.cygwin32.
: 3) Multiple problems were found, however all were fixed except the
: following:  When making Fcntl.c, the compiler would complain about a bad
: defenition in op.h where the defenition for op was detailed:

You need a couple of patches. First, you need a new patch program,
available at ftp.ai.mit.edu , so you can patch the perl code. Then
get Chris Faylors perl patches at www.tiac.net/users/cgf , and install
them. Then run Configure and check the generated Makefile for the
correct PERL_Path variable. It _will_ build.

--
Danny Aldham           SCO Ace , MCSE , JAPH , DAD
I don't need to hide my e-mail address, I broke my sendmail.

Fri, 25 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems using Perl and Cygnus Bash

2. perl 4.035 and Cygnus gcc on Solaris 2.x

3. Building Perl 5.005_xx under Cygnus CYGWIN32?

4. Wanted AWK To Perl Translater A2P.exe for cygnus/WIN32

5. CPAN, Win32, ActiveState & Cygnus

6. ? Solaris 2.1 --- Cygnus-gcc Port?

7. HELP: Problem building Perl5 on Cygnus target

8. Problems building Perl5 on Windows 95 with Cygnus

9. Tk Install problem on Win32/cygnus

10. Win32: using CPAN with Perl 5.005-03 and Cygnus tools?

11. GD with Latin-1 character set on Win32? (+compilation errors using Cygnus gcc)

12. NYC: PERL PERL PERL PERL PERL PERL PERL