Windows NT and Perl (ODBC/Event/Registry/etc)
Author Message
 Windows NT and Perl (ODBC/Event/Registry/etc)

For those who are trying to see how perl fits in with Windows NT,
I have the light at the end of the tunnel (or is it the HTML at the
end of the Web page?)

    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~dmag/Fun_With_Perl.html

This is the official release of "ODBCPerl" that can get to any 32-bit ODBC
datasource (may need ODBC 2.5, but who's counting?) I also have cool code
to get to the registry (thru an associative array) and the Event log (object-
oriented, of course!). You will be up and running faster than you can say
'$object = new'!

--

Dangerous  Dan | only outlaws will have laws. | Sim Stim decks

Tue, 26 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Windows NT and Perl (ODBC/Event/Registry/etc)

Quote:
>For those who are trying to see how perl fits in with Windows NT,
>I have the light at the end of the tunnel (or is it the HTML at the
>end of the Web page?)
>   http://www.umich.edu/~dmag/Fun_With_Perl.html

Good show Dan!

The material about NTPerl not treating sockets as file handles is not quite
correct.  There is a compilation option that enables this in NTPerl 5 for NT.
(Not usable on 95  :^(.)

-- SP

Wed, 27 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Perl and Windows NT registry problem.

2. perl and windows NT registry.

3. Windows NT Perl and the Registry

4. Windows NT Recursive Registry Keys

5. Windows NT registry access examples?

6. Dismissed popup leaves application unresponsive to events on Windows NT (or 95)

7. Using the NT registry extensions in NT Perl port

8. DBI:ODBC on windows nt

9. ANNOUNCE: ODBC/WWW toolkit for Windows NT

10. Missing WRITE_DAC event to audit in Registry.pm

11. Accessing The Windows Registry from Linux Using Perl

12. event notification Perl - Windows