Perl gurus! LDAP help needed
Author Message
 Perl gurus! LDAP help needed

Our university only allows access to their LDAP directory if you are
on the campus network. I would like to download the entire directory
to a text file and then copy this to my home computer so that I can do
directory searches when off-campus. I have the host, o and c values
and don't know too much about LDAP.

First of all, is this possible? If so, what would the code look like?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Reg

Mon, 17 May 2004 17:29:02 GMT
 Perl gurus! LDAP help needed

Quote:

>Our university only allows access to their LDAP directory if you are
>on the campus network. I would like to download the entire directory
>to a text file and then copy this to my home computer so that I can do
>directory searches when off-campus. I have the host, o and c values
>and don't know too much about LDAP.

You probably want to use ldapsearch from the OpenLDAP project.  Or you
might want to setup some kind of VPN.  In ether case this is not the right
newsgroup for your question.  Try asking in a group that has LDAP or VPN in
the name.

Good Luck
--
    This space intentionally left blank

Mon, 17 May 2004 17:53:20 GMT

1. Perl LDAP help, how to authenticate simple username and password in LDAP

2. Help Wanted: need a Perl guru's suggestion

3. Guru help needed - Posting from perl-cgi to newsgroup

4. Need help from Perl guru

5. Need Help from PERL GURU'S

6. Need Win32 Perl guru phone help - will pay cash

7. perl gurus..help needed

8. Need Help from PERL GURU'S

9. Need help from Perl/Tk C API Gurus

10. Guru help needed for a braindead newbie!!

11. REGEX GURU HELP NEEDED....

12. Need regexp guru help