Checksums,...
Author Message
 Checksums,...

I'm probably just looking under all the wrong categories in my Resource Kit books, but:

Does anyone know of or have a module to do checksums?  I want to go through all the fields
of each of my Mysql rows and provide a row by row checksum as the last field for quick
lookup of corrupted records after a crash.  Any suggestions of potentially better ways to
do this are welcomed.  Thanks.

Sincerely, Xeno Campanoli

--
Xeno Campanoli
Onex - Linux consulting, software analysis, design, and implementation

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Checksums,...

Quote:

> Does anyone know of or have a module to do checksums?

These two modules provide interfaces to two secure hash algorithms which
can be used for checksums:

    MD5 - Perl interface to the RSA Data Security Inc. MD5 Message-
    Digest Algorithm

    SHA - Perl interface to the NIST Secure Hash Algorithm

--
Gareth Rees

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Checksum of perl program

2. File checksum module?

3. Checksum Perl

4. how do I save an MD5 checksum

5. Calculating checksums

6. checksum calculation for file offsets

7. 32 bits checksum calculation

8. Unpack checksum doesn't match BSD sum

9. Unpack and checksum

10. CPAN Checksum mismatch for distribution file

11. UDP Packets with zero checksum

12. perl checksum code