Newbies Are Not Welcomed Here!
Author Message
 Newbies Are Not Welcomed Here!

You chumps, I only needed a quick answer on the DBI
module. But one of the brillant moderators here removed
my question from the server. Thanks for your open minds
people.

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbies Are Not Welcomed Here!
You might try checking your facts before throwing insults.  a) This list
is not moderated so no moderator removed anything. b) perhaps the
message is missing from your server, but it is still on mine and
thousands of others.

In answer to your question: no DBI is not part of the standard perl
distribution, you need to download and install it separately from CPAN.

- Jeff

Quote:

> You chumps, I only needed a quick answer on the DBI
> module. But one of the brillant moderators here removed
> my question from the server. Thanks for your open minds
> people.

> [snip]
> I get an error saying "Can't locate DBI.pm..." I thought
> that the DBI module was included in the new Perl. I only
> used the defaults during compiliation of Perl so do I need
> to recompile or something? Will I have to get the DBI
> module or was it included with Perl 5.005.02?

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Newbies Are Not Welcomed Here!
This is comp.lang.perl.MODULES not MODERATED. No one removed your post
except either YOU or some computer along the way. Get your facts
straight before you ASSume anything.

Oh, BTW, this is not AOL. Cut out the cutsey name crap, Mr. Files.

Quote:

--
Matthew O. Persico
Nothing even remotely clever at the moment.

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbies welcome

2. Newbies welcome

3. Not bad page for newbies....

4. Help newbies can not install Perl module

5. A question for perl MASTERS not newbies

6. setpgrp, setgid - not working, what am I missing?

7. Need a little Help to have a blank space (I am not a programmer)

8. Am I looking for something thats not there?

9. Need Perl help, but I am not a Perl Monger

10. Purl Gurl...I'm not learning any Perl, but I am laughing

11. tkperl example for newbies like me :-)

12. tkperl example for newbies - LabeleEntry.pm