http download with lwp
Author Message
 http download with lwp

I'm trying to use the http/www module with lwp to download images from a
website.  Html pages work fine, as expected, but when I try images
(.gif's for example), I only get a portion of the top of the image, or
the image is corrupted.  Even the supplied sample program,
lwp-download.PL has problems with images.  Is there a better way to grab
images via http? or am I doing something wrong.  thanks,

REid

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 http download with lwp

Quote:

> I'm trying to use the http/www module with lwp to download images from a
> website.  Html pages work fine, as expected, but when I try images
> (.gif's for example), I only get a portion of the top of the image, or
> the image is corrupted.  Even the supplied sample program,
> lwp-download.PL has problems with images.  Is there a better way to grab
> images via http? or am I doing something wrong.  thanks,

Sounds like a binmode() issue.  What version of LWP are you using?

--
Gisle Aas

Fri, 05 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 http download with lwp
On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 03:35:38 -0400, Reid Williams

Quote:

>I'm trying to use the http/www module with lwp to download images from a
>website.  Html pages work fine, as expected, but when I try images
>(.gif's for example), I only get a portion of the top of the image, or
>the image is corrupted.  Even the supplied sample program,
>lwp-download.PL has problems with images.  Is there a better way to grab
>images via http? or am I doing something wrong.  thanks,

You are doing several things wrong.
a. You did not specify operating system and perl version.
b. you did not post the simplest perl program which exibits the
    problem
c. In my humble opinion, you are using win32 and did not
    use binmode(FILEHANDLE)

Tell me if I am wrong on any of a., b. or c.

Andrea

Sat, 06 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Downloading images with HTTP/LWP libraries

2. LWP HTTP::Request and HTTP::Cookies

3. http client file download?

4. Download files using HTTP / Perl

5. HTTP::Request: how to download to a file

6. http header for prompting Mac IE 5 downloading

7. file download via http

8. http download

9. http client file download?

10. http file download module

11. perl module for http download of file

12. http download of images in perl