DBD::Oracle, and Oracle RDB
Author Message
 DBD::Oracle, and Oracle RDB

Hi folks,

Someone posed a question to me today to which I could not find the answer in
any of the usual places: Does DBD::Oracle support the database known as
"Oracle RDB"?  Apparently this is a somewhat different system to the Oracle we
know and love, which Oracle bought from Digital (where it was once called
simply RDB) and added layers of Oracle-ish stuff on top. He seemed to think it
was pretty similar to Oracle proper, but I'm not so sure.

The guy who asked was wanting to make a decision between Apache/perl/DBI and
Oracle Webserver/Oracle RDB Web Agent and could be swayed apache/perl-wards
if the DBI will talk to the database.

If DBD::Oracle won't do what I'm looking for, are there any alternatives that
you could recommend?

TIA,

K.

--

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~krobert/
Sex is not the answer.  Sex is the question. Yes is the answer.

Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD::Oracle, and Oracle RDB

How about purchasing the Oracle RDB Gateway product.
John

Mon, 25 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8

2. Using ORACLE DATE field with DBD-Oracle

3. Q: Can DBD::Oracle be used when Oracle TCP/IP access is disabled

4. DBD::Oracle for oracle 9i

5. Oracle DBD with Oracle 7.3.2

6. DBD::Oracle with Oracle 9i

7. Perl DBD-Oracle for Oracle 9i

8. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

9. Writing Oracle SQL for DBD-Oracle?

10. Oracle 9i & DBD::Oracle v.1.30

11. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

12. Building DBD::Oracle on SOlaris 8 with Oracle 9i 64-bit