Accessing Access on Unix
Author Message
 Accessing Access on Unix

I've written Perl CGIs for NT web servers that use MS Access tables to
look up things (creating ODBC datasource and the ODBC.pm module).

I've also written Perl CGIs for Unix web servers that use mySQL tables
to look up things (using DBI and the appropriate DBD).

Now, I need to write a CGI for a Unix server that gets data from (and
puts data in) an MS Access table.  Should I learn how to create an ODBC
datasource on Unix and use odbc.pm or should is there a way to use DBI
with MS Access?  I'd prefer the DBI path since the database may change
from Access to mySQL and I would know how to handle that.

Henry Hartley
Westat

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing MS Access Database from Unix

2. How to access MS Access using perl/cgi/unix

3. file access vs DB access relative performance

4. Accessing the last row of a Access Database

5. Perl Database interface to a Microsoft Access database MS-Access

6. Accessing MS-Access database with Perl

7. perl to access MS Access database

8. how to add/access MS Access db?

9. Accessing MS-Access File from Perl

10. Using Perl To Access Microsoft Access Databases???

11. Access time only shows days since last access

12. Perl Database interface to a Microsoft Access database MS-Access