HELP: how to download a HTML tree
Author Message
 HELP: how to download a HTML tree

Hi,

for my first post to this group I would like to ask if
someone knows a script that allows to download a HTML
tree. I mean, which is able to save a HTML page, and
follow the links, and save them, and follow the links, and save them,
and...

This would be useful to me to retrieve chapters/sections/
subsections/etc. of a book available in HTML.

The script has to avoid any recursivity problem, and
be able to manage a given number of levels for the links.

Any idea, tip, comment? Feel free to mail me directly and
I will post the result.

Thanks for your attention,

Philippe Dandin

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: how to download a HTML tree

: Hi,

: for my first post to this group I would like to ask if
: someone knows a script that allows to download a HTML
: tree. I mean, which is able to save a HTML page, and
: follow the links, and save them, and follow the links, and save them,
: and...

: The script has to avoid any recursivity problem, and
: be able to manage a given number of levels for the links.

libwww-perl is what you are looking. It comes with the librarys necessary to
do this as well as some implementation scripts (I believe it comes with a
recursive GET script that allows you to specify the depth, etc.).o

--
Stephen Petschulat

http://www.oroad.com

Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: how to download a HTML tree

Quote:
> Hi,

> for my first post to this group I would like to ask if
> someone knows a script that allows to download a HTML
> tree. I mean, which is able to save a HTML page, and
> follow the links, and save them, and follow the links, and save them,
> and...

> This would be useful to me to retrieve chapters/sections/
> subsections/etc. of a book available in HTML.

> The script has to avoid any recursivity problem, and
> be able to manage a given number of levels for the links.

> Any idea, tip, comment? Feel free to mail me directly and
> I will post the result.

check out http://www.xensei.com/users/ccrlphr/HTmirror.pl
It's perl5 and works for me, I have also a version which works
if you are behind a socks firewall (w/o using a special Socket
lib - plain perl).

--

Tue, 26 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Solution: HELP: how to download a HTML tree

2. HTML::Element/Parser/Tree help

3. Parsing HTML with HTML::Tree

4. Help to Download a HTML page

5. Help in downloading html and images through CGI

6. Bug in HTML::Parser or HTML::Tree

7. Downloading a web tree

8. HTML-Tree-0.50 make test failed

9. Output dynamic interactive graphical directory tree from perl to html

10. Two bugs in HTML-Tree modules?

11. HTML:Element/Parse/Tree question

12. HTML Parse Tree Tools in Perl