A few Win32 Modules...
Author Message
 A few Win32 Modules...

Hi,

I am in the process of looking for 3 perl modules to work on Win32.  They
are:
Jcode
Unicode-map8
unicode-utf8

If anyone has gotten these to work on the win32 platform could they either
send me directions how to doso myself or send me the modules themselves.
Thank you very much.

David Kent

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:18:36 GMT
 A few Win32 Modules...

Quote:
> Hi,

> I am in the process of looking for 3 perl modules to work on Win32.  They
> are:
> Jcode
> Unicode-map8
> unicode-utf8

The first two exist as ActivePerl ppm packages at
http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6plus/ .  I assume you searched
there before posting.  Was there something wrong with them?

I couldn't locate "unicode-utf8" at either the above or at search.cpan.org.
Is it possible that you meant Unicode::MapUTF8 (available in both
locations)?

jk

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:47:24 GMT
 A few Win32 Modules...
yes... That was my error I meant unicode::maputf8.  They are all available
but the problem I run in to is that I get a error stating "not intended for
this build of perl. <mswin32-x86-multi-thread>

Thanks
David Kent

Quote:

> > Hi,

> > I am in the process of looking for 3 perl modules to work on Win32.
They
> > are:
> > Jcode
> > Unicode-map8
> > unicode-utf8

> The first two exist as ActivePerl ppm packages at
> http://www.activestate.com/PPMPackages/5.6plus/ .  I assume you searched
> there before posting.  Was there something wrong with them?

> I couldn't locate "unicode-utf8" at either the above or at
search.cpan.org.
> Is it possible that you meant Unicode::MapUTF8 (available in both
> locations)?

> jk

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:46:15 GMT
 A few Win32 Modules...
Quote:

> Hi,

> I am in the process of looking for 3 perl modules to work on Win32.

[snip encoding stuff]

Have you considered upgrading to perl 5.8.0, and using the Encode.pm
module?  I betcha that it can do everything that those three modules
could do.

--

pack 'u', pack 'H*', 'ab5cf4021bafd28972030972b00a218eb9720000';

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:24:03 GMT

1. Debugging few modules .

2. Looking for graphics/statistics module announced a few months ago

3. a few modules...

4. Debugging few modules .

5. Debugging few modules .

6. waiting for a few seconds

7. NEWBIE: A few questions about Perl

8. too few cursors with Oraperl

9. A few questions

10. A few questions about perl on MS-DOS

11. Extracting last few characters in a line

12. A few bug reports/fixes for Perl5alpha3