Mod_perl and htaccess
Author Message
 Mod_perl and htaccess

I'm trying to use modperl on apache to control the access to my
webserver.
I want to use a .htaccess file to call my module.

Here is a real simple .pm file that i'm trying to use:
package Apache::GateKeeper;
use strict;
use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
sub handler {
        return DECLINED;
        }

Here is my .htaccess file:
PerlAccessHandler Apache::GateKeeper

And here is what I get from the http-error.log file:
[Wed Jul  5 14:24:59 2000] [error] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::GateKeeper::handler called.

I'm using apache 1.3.12 under FreeBSD-4.0 and mod_perl 1.24.

I really don't know what to do, please help me.

----
Nicolas Saillet

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mod_perl and htaccess

Quote:

>I'm trying to use modperl on apache to control the access to my
>webserver.
>I want to use a .htaccess file to call my module.

>Here is a real simple .pm file that i'm trying to use:
>package Apache::GateKeeper;
>use strict;
>use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
>sub handler {
>        return DECLINED;
>        }

>Here is my .htaccess file:
>PerlAccessHandler Apache::GateKeeper

>And here is what I get from the http-error.log file:
>[Wed Jul  5 14:24:59 2000] [error] Undefined subroutine
>&Apache::GateKeeper::handler called.

Looks sort of OK to me, mine works and looks similar. So 2 stupid
questions -
Is the the file called GateKeeper.pm, and is it in the Apache directory?
(ie something like /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ )

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mod_perl and htaccess

Quote:
> I'm trying to use modperl on apache to control the access to my
> webserver. I want to use a .htaccess file to call my module.
> Here is a real simple .pm file that i'm trying to use:
> package Apache::GateKeeper;
> use strict;
> use Apache::Constants qw(:common);
> sub handler {
>         return DECLINED;
>         }
> Here is my .htaccess file:
> PerlAccessHandler Apache::GateKeeper
> And here is what I get from the http-error.log file:
> [Wed Jul  5 14:24:59 2000] [error] Undefined subroutine
> &Apache::GateKeeper::handler called.

What happens if you insert
    PerlModule Apache::GateKeeper
in your httpd.conf, and then restart the server - does
that help?

best regards,
randy kobes

Sun, 22 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Mod_perl and htaccess

Quote:
> What happens if you insert
>     PerlModule Apache::GateKeeper
> in your httpd.conf, and then restart the server - does
> that help?

It works!!!
really thank you :-)

--
Nicolas Saillet
http://www.smartcanal.com

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. mod_perl and htaccess

2. mod_perl /home/.htaccess wierdness.

3. To mod_perl or not to mod_perl?

4. To mod_perl or not to mod_perl?

5. Can Perl/mod_perl know who logged in to Apache .htaccess?

6. What is the current user from .htaccess?

7. Help: 404 script using .htaccess

8. Secure HTTP post with user authorization (htaccess)??

9. Custom 404 script using .htaccess

10. LWP::Simple::get/HTACCESS Question

11. looking for a .htaccess or web login script

12. Logging In With .htaccess