Parse::RecDescent and parsing comments
Author Message
 Parse::RecDescent and parsing comments

Hi Parse::RecDescent-Users

I'm trying to parse Informix-SQL Statements (enhanced sql92-syntax)
Now my problem:
I need a handy way to skip/ignore
  - comments beginning with -- an going to eol
  - comments beginning with { and ending with }
     which can span several lines

I've tried it with a self-written preprocessor but the problem is that
these comment-like sequences can appear in string literals-

Example:
   Create Table Test (
      code        varChar(20) default "--none--" not null,
      description varChar(80) default "{ nothing entered }"
   ) ;

Thanks in addvance
Frank

Thu, 24 Mar 2005 20:33:09 GMT

1. Text Parsing - Parse::RecDescent or another method?

2. Parsing with Parse::RecDescent

3. Help: Problem with simple parsing and Parse::RecDescent

4. Parsing with Parse::RecDescent

5. Parse::RecDescent stops parsing.

6. Having Trouble with Parse::RecDescent on Solaris

7. Converting SQL89 YACC rule to Parse::RecDescent

8. ANNOUNCE: Parse::RecDescent 1.42

9. ANNOUNCE: Parse::RecDescent 1.41

10. ANNOUNCE: Parse::RecDescent 1.35

11. ANNOUNCE: Parse::RecDescent 1.30