Can't locate loadable object for module Curl::easy
Author Message
 Can't locate loadable object for module Curl::easy

I'm trying to install the curl perl module, and as far as I know I
have installed all the libraries and includes necessary. In fact, the
curl module has been successfully installed, and it shows up fine in
my perldiver script (to display installed modules) but I cannot use it
when its called on. I get the error:

contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/...)

Does anybody know what I might be missing? Thanks.

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:59:38 GMT
 Can't locate loadable object for module Curl::easy

Quote:

> I'm trying to install the curl perl module, and as far as I know I
> have installed all the libraries and includes necessary. In fact, the
> curl module has been successfully installed, and it shows up fine in
> my perldiver script (to display installed modules) but I cannot use it
> when its called on. I get the error:

> contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/...)

> Does anybody know what I might be missing? Thanks.

A loadable object is a ".so" or ".dll" file.  Do you have that part
properly installed?  If so, where is it?

--

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 08:49:50 GMT
 Can't locate loadable object for module Curl::easy

Quote:
> I'm trying to install the curl perl module, and as far as I know I
> have installed all the libraries and includes necessary. In fact, the
> curl module has been successfully installed, and it shows up fine in
> my perldiver script (to display installed modules) but I cannot use it
> when its called on. I get the error:

> contains: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/...)

> Does anybody know what I might be missing? Thanks.

It means that it can't find the shared library ('easy.so' in Linux,
'easy.dll' in Win32). It will be looking for that file in the

How did you install the module ?
Sounds like you might have simply copied 'easy.pm' to the appropriate
location - whereas you need to run 'perl Makefile.PL', 'make' and 'make
install' - which will, among other things, build and install the shared
library.

Cheers,
Rob

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:30:47 GMT

1. Can't locate loadable object Module?

2. can't locate loadable object for module?

3. Can't locate loadable object for module...

4. Can't locate loadable object for module IO::Tty in

5. Can't locate loadable object for module...

6. Can't locate loadable object for module...

7. Can't locate loadable object for module Time::HiRes

8. Can't locate loadable object Module?

9. Can't locate loadable object for module Apache::Constants in @INC

10. Can't locate loadable object for module Win32::UserAdmin

11. HELP: can't locate loadable object for module Time::Hires in @INC

12. Can't locate loadable object for module Crypt::Blowfish