installing to a different directory
Author Message
 installing to a different directory

Hi, Im trying to install some modules in my own directory
ie. /home/my_name/lib
and Im trying to do it according to
perldoc -q library:
i.e.
perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/my_name/lib
make
make test
make install.
but I still run into the
"Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
/usr/locallib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/etc etc"
and it still tries to:
"Installing /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Date/Convert.pm"
*** Error code 2
Stop.

I tried this with Date::Convert and Set::Scalar, both ran into
the same problem. Im using perl5.00503 on freebsd.
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 installing to a different directory
Oops sorry. It does work.
Well I tried it as a different user (not root) and it worked
so there must be something screwed up in my configuration or something.
but as long as i have your attention,
I couldnt "see" the module by using
perl -I=/home/my_name/lib -MSet::Scalar -e 1;
"/home/my_name/lib" is the PREFIX I used.
I had to
perl -I=/home/my_name/lib/lib/perl5/site_perl -MSet::Scalar -e 1;
to see it. Is this correct?

Quote:

> Hi, Im trying to install some modules in my own directory
> ie. /home/my_name/lib
> and Im trying to do it according to
> perldoc -q library:
> i.e.
> perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/my_name/lib
> make
> make test
> make install.
> but I still run into the
> "Warning: You do not have permissions to install into
> /usr/locallib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/etc etc"
> and it still tries to:
> "Installing /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Date/Convert.pm"
> *** Error code 2
> Stop.

> I tried this with Date::Convert and Set::Scalar, both ran into
> the same problem. Im using perl5.00503 on freebsd.
> Any help would be appreciated.

> thanks

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Install modules in different directory..

2. installing perl in a different directory, @INC

3. How can I break up directories into different directory components

4. Installation of Perl modules in different directory

5. Copy *.o to a different directory

6. How can I open a file in a different directory

7. comparing two files in different directories

8. Newbie: files in different directories.

9. executing perl in different directories

10. Writing output to a file in different directory

11. Login forms to different directories

12. How to compare files in different directories ?