installing modules to a non-root dir on webserver
Author Message
 installing modules to a non-root dir on webserver

I have one client on a webserver hosted by some folks that are really
dragging their feet on installing a couple modules at the root level.
I need:
MIME::Lite
HTTP::Request
LWP::UserAgent

I have installed these modules on my localhost during the development
of some cgi via the ppm install utility for my activestate perl
running on windows98. What I am wondering is if I can just FTP up the

figure out how to download *nix-flavor from CPAN, untar, and install
these on the host server in a non-standard location (under cgi-bin I
guess)?

advice?

thanks,

Sun, 04 Dec 2005 10:23:40 GMT
 installing modules to a non-root dir on webserver
Quote:

> I have one client on a webserver hosted by some folks that are really
> dragging their feet on installing a couple modules at the root level.
> ... What I am wondering is if I can just FTP up the

-------------

the answer is no...

you need to do the installl, but you CAN install to a non-root
directory for most modules.

Tue, 06 Dec 2005 12:12:45 GMT

1. non-root installing modules?

2. non root module install on FreeBSD-3.2

3. installing module as non-root

4. problems with activePerl ppm install to non-root?

5. solution: installing Image::Magick to host as non-root user

6. still problems installing Image::Magick to non-root target

7. solution: installing Image::Magick to host as non-root user

8. AIX Non-Root Module Situation

9. how to install perl module on remote webserver??

10. Installing Perl modules w/o root?

11. installing a module without root access

12. installing CPAN modules without root access