scp - Secure Copy in Perl/batch mode
Author Message
 scp - Secure Copy in Perl/batch mode

Is there a module or simple method in which I can execute a secure copy
via Perl?  There is a site that I have not exchanged the identity and
identity.pub files.  Without this setup the scp program will prompt for
the password.  I have tried redirection to "fill-in" the password
request but apparently the scp program prevents that from occuring.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this.  I really need to put the copying
on cron to automate it.

Thanks

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:44:57 GMT
 scp - Secure Copy in Perl/batch mode
I'm pretty sure that there's not a scp perl program.  I'm not sure, but
maybe you could put a little something together using Expect or the
like.

Quote:
> Is there a module or simple method in which I can execute a secure
copy
> via Perl?  There is a site that I have not exchanged the identity and
> identity.pub files.  Without this setup the scp program will prompt
for
> the password.  I have tried redirection to "fill-in" the password
> request but apparently the scp program prevents that from occuring.

> Any ideas on how to accomplish this.  I really need to put the copying
> on cron to automate it.

> Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 09:53:23 GMT
 scp - Secure Copy in Perl/batch mode

Quote:

>Is there a module or simple method in which I can execute a secure copy
>via Perl?  There is a site that I have not exchanged the identity and
>identity.pub files.  Without this setup the scp program will prompt for
>the password.  I have tried redirection to "fill-in" the password
>request but apparently the scp program prevents that from occuring.
>Any ideas on how to accomplish this.  I really need to put the copying
>on cron to automate it.

By hand append your identity.pub to authorized_keys.
Then its easy to use scp with std system calls.
/hjj

--
Hans J?rgen Jakobsen

Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. feeding password to host secure copy (scp)

2. Perl and Applescript, batch mode?

3. Automating Secure Copy using Perl

4. How to perform telnet in batch mode?

5. Batch Mode Browser

6. How to simulate a batch mode PAUSE

7. secure copy

8. Enhanced cperl-mode.el (Perl editing mode for Emacs)

9. cperl-mode: Another perl mode for Gnuemacs

10. perl for automated scp

11. proposal : Data::Copy for copying perl variables

12. Perl and Emacs question - perl debugging mode & cperl-mode vs perl-mode??