Date::Calc problems
Author Message
 Date::Calc problems

When I try to use Date::Calc, the scripts abort and I get this error
message:

      Can't locate loadable object for module Date::Calc

Just to check, I downloaded this module and copied it locally, did 'use lib

Is there a problem with this module?  I'm kinda new to non-core modules, so
is there something I'm missing here?

tia,
Fitz

Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:00:00 GMT
 Date::Calc problems

Quote:

> When I try to use Date::Calc, the scripts abort and I get this error
> message:
>       Can't locate loadable object for module Date::Calc
> Just to check, I downloaded this module and copied it locally, did 'use lib

                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:

> Is there a problem with this module?  I'm kinda new to non-core modules, so
> is there something I'm missing here?

You need to follow the installation instructions in the file "INSTALL.txt".
--

    Free Perl and C Software for Download: www.engelschall.com/u/sb/download/

Thu, 12 Apr 2001 02:00:00 GMT
 Date::Calc problems

Quote:

>       Can't locate loadable object for module Date::Calc

Is that the actual message, and have you seen what perldiag says about it?
(That message isn't listed quite like that in my copy of perldiag, but
maybe your perl is a different version.)

Quote:
> Just to check, I downloaded this module and copied it locally, did

> error.

That's not how you install a module, in general. In this case, since it is
looking for a loadable object, it's expecting a compiled program. Try
building it properly, and make sure it passes 'make test' before you do
'make install'. The FAQ talks about how to install modules. Hope this
helps!

Mon, 16 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Date::Calc problem

2. Date::Calc julain date conversion?

3. Date of Halloween (for Date::Calc module)?

4. Date of Halloween (for Date::Calc module)?

5. Date::DateCalc vs. Date::Calc

6. Date::Calc install problems

7. Problem installing Date::Calc on linux

8. Problem installing CPAN Date::Calc

9. ANNOUNCE: Date::Calc 5.0

10. Date::Calc on remote Apache server

11. ANNOUNCE: Date::Calc 4.1