ANNOUNCE: new release of Tk::SlideShow : 0.04
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: new release of Tk::SlideShow : 0.04

I have Just uploadead a version of Tk::SlideShow to PAUSE

It will be soon available to CPAN.

NAME
         Tk::SlideShow - a Perl Module for building presentation.

DESCRIPTION
            This module is for building presentation, that will be as
    interactive or good looking as Applix or PowerPoint one. The way of
    using it is complety different on the other hand.

INSTALL
    CPAN Perl standard way of intalling :

            perl Makefile.PL
            make
            make test
            make install

    Warning there is a test on font availability that takes a lot of time
    depending on how many font families you have installed on your X11
    distribution.

    On my P90 linux box it takes about 6 minutes and block my X11 server
    during that time. Actually, I got all freefont and sharefont set.

DOCUMENTATION
    There's a pod file `SlideShow.pod' that is a tutorial as well as a
    reference to this module.

    There's also a not yet finished presentation of `Tk::SlideShow' using
    itself.

EXAMPLE
    You will find examples of scripts using this modules in directories ex1,
    ex2, ...

CHANGE
  since 0.03

    parallel shift
    add the ability to "shift" several sprites together

    bugs
    fix some

    update documentation
    but not yet complete. Ask me for some more explaination if needed.

  since 0.02

    html
      Add a way to attach html doc to a slide so that you can produce an
      html version of your presentation. Up to now, it use xwd to snapshot
      the presentation. It use imagemagick convert to produce png image
      format file of snapshots. Depends on you browers, but you may have pb
      to visualize png snapshots.

    ticker tape
      Add a ticker tape Sprite. It is done to attract attention of
      attendees.

  since 0.01

    Choosers
      added a font chooser, a color chooser.

    Multipos-sition *Sprite*
      added a way of defining a path for a Sprite to follow on a slide.

    Documentation
      added a way for producing documentation out of slides. (method
      `latex')

AUTHOR

PREREQUISITE
    You need to have X11::Protocol and Tk800.012 modules already install,

    You need to use X11 (and of course Unix).

    You need to already know Perl5.4 and Tk

MISCELANEOUS
    Alpha stage release. API may change.

--
 Olivier Bouteille

The only way to learn a new programming language is by writing
programs in it.  - Brian Kernighan

Mon, 17 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: new release of Tk::SlideShow-0.04

2. ANNOUNCE: Tk::SlideShow-0.04 released

3. ANOUNCE: Tk::SlideShow release 0.02

4. ANNOUNCE: DBD-Sybase 0.04 ALPHA

5. ANNOUNCE: TeX::DVI, Hyphen and Font::TFM in version 0.04

6. ANNOUNCE: RadiusPerl 0.04 available

7. ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW VERSION: HTML::Template 0.04

8. ANNOUNCE: XML::Grove 0.04

9. ANNOUNCE: Time::Format 0.04

10. ANNOUNCE: Hash::MultiKey 0.04

11. ANNOUNCE: Debug::Trace 0.04 -- tracing subroutine calls

12. ANNOUNCE: Games::Object 0.04