CGI.pm vs. mac characters
Author Message
 CGI.pm vs. mac characters

Hi all,
Hope someone can give me a hint on this...
I have a Form addressing my macperl cgi, wich checks in a text file and
return some html.
The whole thing is in french (with accents).
The only problem I have is that in my form, some settings include
accents, wich are URL
encoded when posted to the cgi. The CGI.pm decode the string and
transform the special
characters into PC characters (i.e. "%e9" becomes chr(233)). From there,
the strings can't
match my file text, cause it's in mac character ("%e9" should become
chr(11)).
Is there a module that translates charaters from PC to Mac? Or did I
miss something in the
CGI.pm module?
I don't want to build a function to do it by myself, cause there's a lot
of characters that falls
into this category, and I eant to be sure the're all taken care of.

Thanx for any input...

Jean-Francois Cote
Les productions Tornade
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI.pm vs. mac characters

Quote:

> Is there a module that translates charaters from PC to Mac?

If you're dealing with one-byte character definitions (e.g. NOT CJYK),
you should be able to use Unicode::Map8 to map from macintosh to
unicode and then map from unicode to the appropriate Windows code-page
for your language.

--

     Research Software Engineer           (703) 793-3700 x2651
     The Information Refinery              http://tir.tasc.com

Go ahead, spam me!  I don't care

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. CGI.pm vs. Base.pm

2. CGI-modules vs. CGI.pm

3. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm?

4. cgi-lib.pl vs CGI.pm

5. cgi.pm .vs. cgi-lib.pl

6. CGI.pm/MAC HTML File Upload Ques...

7. CGI.pm functions vs OO

8. vvp:CGI.pm printing vs executing statments?

9. CGI.pm: procedural vs. OO

10. CGI.pm and POST vs GET methods

11. socket accept() vs. CGI.pm accept()

12. CGI.pm VS. The World!