DBD-Oracle Connect (NT)
Author Message
 DBD-Oracle Connect (NT)

I've seen an awful lot of questions about DBD-Oracle in past postings,
but I couldn't find mine.

I am trying to connect using this string:

my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=$dbhost;sid=$dbsid", $dbuser,
$dbpass);

I get this response:
DBI->connect failed: n (DBD: login failed, check ORACLE_HOME/bin is in
your PATH) at D:\Temp\test.pl line 12

The $dbhost, $dbsid, $dbuser and $dbpass are all fine.  Typing path
gives me:

PATH=D:\Oracle\Ora81\bin; blah blah blah

Typing echo %ORACLE_HOME% gives me:

d:\Oracle\Ora81

d:\Oracle\Ora81 is definitely where everything was installed with the
client.  I'm not really sure what it's looking for, or I'd check for
that file, but stuff like sqlplus.exe is in there.

Don't know what to check next.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD-Oracle Connect (NT)
: my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=$dbhost;sid=$dbsid", $dbuser,
: $dbpass);

: I get this response:
: DBI->connect failed: n (DBD: login failed, check ORACLE_HOME/bin is in
: your PATH) at D:\Temp\test.pl line 12

: The $dbhost, $dbsid, $dbuser and $dbpass are all fine.  Typing path
: gives me:

: PATH=D:\Oracle\Ora81\bin; blah blah blah

: Typing echo %ORACLE_HOME% gives me:

: d:\Oracle\Ora81

Perhaps its a registry setting since you appear to be on windows.  Many of
the environment variables are also (or primarily?) set in the registry,
not just/even in the CMD environment.

Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD-Oracle Connect (NT)

Quote:

>DBI->connect failed: n (DBD: login failed, check ORACLE_HOME/bin is in
>your PATH) at D:\Temp\test.pl line 12

What version of DBD::Oracle are you using? I'm having this problem as
well and after having gone through a million stack traces, etc. have
come to the conclusion that the pre-compiled binary from ActiveState,
DBD::Oracle 1.03, doens't support Oracle 8.1, it stops at support for
8.0. So until ActiveState get's their rear in gear and compiles a new
version (HINT HINT guys ... you're falling behind! :P) you'll need to
compile your own. I've not found this easy, so far, as it really
requires MS VC++ to compile correctly. If I do get it to compile, i
think I'll email it to ActiveState with a nice note saying POST THIS
NOW.

Hope that helps ...
- jc

Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:29:37 GMT
 DBD-Oracle Connect (NT)

Quote:

> : my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Oracle:host=$dbhost;sid=$dbsid",
$dbuser,
> : $dbpass);

> : I get this response:
> : DBI->connect failed: n (DBD: login failed, check ORACLE_HOME/bin is
in
> : your PATH) at D:\Temp\test.pl line 12

> : The $dbhost, $dbsid, $dbuser and $dbpass are all fine.  Typing path
> : gives me:

> : PATH=D:\Oracle\Ora81\bin; blah blah blah

> : Typing echo %ORACLE_HOME% gives me:

> : d:\Oracle\Ora81

> Perhaps its a registry setting since you appear to be on windows.
Many of
> the environment variables are also (or primarily?) set in the
registry,
> not just/even in the CMD environment.

The new and intersting thing is that if I type

Quote:
> perl test.pl

the script runs fine and dandy.  So, you may be right, though I have no
idea what to check.

-->john

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 07 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

2. NT ORACLE PERL DBD DBI->connect format

3. DBD-Oracle: Problems connecting to Oracle

4. DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8 (NT)

5. Unable to connect to Oracle through SQL*NET V2 and DBD 0.38

6. DBI / DBD Oracle connect question

7. Unabel to connect to Oracle using DBD

8. DBI/DBD/Oracle connect won't work (ORA-12154)

9. Another funny problem connecting to an Oracle DB using DBD

10. Problem connecting with DBD-Oracle on WinNT

11. DBD::Oracle / Oraperl still connecting problems..

12. Problems connecting DBD::Oracle