Module installation in home directory
Author Message
 Module installation in home directory

I have a feeling I'm missing something obvious here.  I'm trying to install
Net::FTP in my own home directory.  I used:

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=~
make
make test
make install

Everything seems to run fine, but when I run a test program I get the below
error:

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at mytest line 3.

It seems to indicate that the two directories I put in PERL5LIB are being
searched.  Why can't it find Net::FTP--it's there.

When I run my test script from the same directory that contains the Net
directory the script works fine.

Finally, I haveat the top of my script:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use Net::FTP;

That's all I should need, right?

TIA, Andy

--
| Andy Squires                  "The trouble with life is

| Web Page is at http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Module installation in $HOME and dependences

2. Perl modules to own home directory

3. installing modules in my home directory

4. Install modules to home directory

5. Install modules in home directory

6. install modules in home directory?

7. Module installation in non-standard perl library directories

8. Installation of Perl modules in different directory

9. Changing installation directory for perl modules is painful

10. Installation of modules in local directory with nsmail

11. how to customize installation directory for modules?

12. How to set to logged-on user's home directory