DBD::Oracle and OPS$ auth.
Author Message
 DBD::Oracle and OPS$ auth.

I use Perl5, DBI 1.06 and DBD::Oracle 0.59.

I can successful connect to an Oracle7 via OPS$ accounts
(OS authentication):

  my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:' ) or die $DBI::errstr;

But I cannot connect to an Oracle8. Any idea?

SG

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD::Oracle and OPS$ auth.
Oracle has changed the OCI API completely.
Instead of olog you now call OCIAttrSet
and OCISessionBegin.
I cite from the Oracle8 documentation:

  The second type of credentials supported are external
  credentials. No attributes need to be set on the user
  session handle before calling OCISessionBegin().
  The credential type is OCI_CRED_EXT. This is equivalent
  to the Oracle7 `connect /' syntax. If values have been
  set for OCI_ATTR_USERNAME and OCI_ATTR_PASSWORD, then
  these are ignored if OCI_CRED_EXT is used.

Tim supports this feature in DBD::Oracle 0.60.

SG

Fri, 31 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBD::Oracle, and Oracle RDB

2. Building DBD::Oracle for Oracle 8

3. Using ORACLE DATE field with DBD-Oracle

4. Q: Can DBD::Oracle be used when Oracle TCP/IP access is disabled

5. DBD::Oracle for oracle 9i

6. Oracle DBD with Oracle 7.3.2

7. DBD::Oracle with Oracle 9i

8. Perl DBD-Oracle for Oracle 9i

9. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle

10. Writing Oracle SQL for DBD-Oracle?

11. Oracle 9i & DBD::Oracle v.1.30

12. Problems backing up Oracle control files via DBD::Oracle