Module Availability
Author Message
 Module Availability

Are modules freely available (or at least as moderlately priced
shareware)? If and when I find the module(s) I'm looking for (e.g.
File) where do I place them for them to be accessible by the use
statement? MTIA

===========================
Mike Powell

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~mikep/

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Module Availability

Quote:

> Are modules freely available (or at least as moderlately priced
> shareware)? If and when I find the module(s) I'm looking for (e.g.
> File) where do I place them for them to be accessible by the use
> statement? MTIA

You can find Perl modules at the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network
(CPAN):

    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/CPAN.html
    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/00modlist.long.html
    http://www.perl.com/CPAN/modules/01modules.index.html

CPAN currently has nearly 500 modules, all freely available (as is
Perl itself).  Does that fall within your budget?  :-)

A properly-written module should have a README file with instructions
on how to build and install the module.  In the majority of cases it's
simply this:

    perl Makefile.PL
    make
    make test
    make install

Perl decides where to put the module so you don't have to worry about it.
Just run the above commands and you should be ready to go.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.dimensional.com/~mfuhr/

Wed, 27 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. IMAP module availability?

2. Newbie question - module availability

3. Availability of Perl 5

4. Oraperl availability

5. A way how 2 check NFS availability

6. Sybperl 2 ALPHA availability

7. FCNTL macro availability in Activestate Port

8. FAQ 1/5 - Availability

9. Frequently Asked Questions: Availability

10. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability

11. comp.lang.perl.* FAQ 1/5 - Availability

12. Availability of "undump"?