CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'
Author Message
 CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'

I don't have a hidden field defined, but the following appears in my
script:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME=".cgifields" VALUE="func">

The VALUE field equals whatever I choose to call the radio_group in
the same form.

What does this do?  I did a search on cgifields in the CGI faq and
CGI.pm docs, but I didn't find anything.

Barry Hoggard         |  my home page - http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~hoggardb

New York, New York    |   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 12 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'

Quote:

> I don't have a hidden field defined, but the following appears in my
> script:

> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME=".cgifields" VALUE="func">

Huh?  HTML appearing in your script?

--
Steve Linberg                  |    National Center on {*filter*} Literacy
Systems Programmer etc.        |           University of Pennsylvania

Mon, 14 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'

That is not normal behavior, I would ask Lincoln Stein,
himself.  You may have an unauthorized modification
to your CGI.pm package.

HTH,
Bill

Quote:

> I don't have a hidden field defined, but the following appears in my
> script:

> <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME=".cgifields" VALUE="func">

> The VALUE field equals whatever I choose to call the radio_group in
> the same form.

> What does this do?  I did a search on cgifields in the CGI faq and
> CGI.pm docs, but I didn't find anything.

> Barry Hoggard         |  my home page - http://www.panix.com/~hoggardb

> New York, New York    |  http://www.better-investing.org

Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'

Quote:
> That is not normal behavior, I would ask Lincoln Stein, himself.

I'm sure he'd be thrilled. Look in the source, perhaps you'll
understand what it does. Hint: CGI.pm controls the fields one outputs
using one of its output functions.

I wish people knew what they were talking about when they post.

Wed, 16 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. why these CGI.pm hidden '.cgifields'?

2. Hidden Fields: weird behavior? (CGI.pm)

3. Problem with CGI.pm and Hidden Fields

4. How do I manually change the value of a hidden text field CGI.pm

5. hidden field problem and multi-page CGI.pm script

6. Can't create cookie with cgi.pm

7. Highlit fields in 'format' fields

8. CGI.pm: getting rid of cgifields

9. What does CGI.pm use .cgifields for?

10. CGI.pm: saving query values without the '%20's

11. 'use strict' with CGI.pm

12. perl cgi (win95) doesn't work with CGI.pm