persistent variable in mod_perl
Author Message
 persistent variable in mod_perl

Is it possible to make a variable(once initialized) to be available during
server live time?
Like microsoft's Application("var")

I dont need locking, but I need to modify this variable. And these changes
of the variable must be known by all apache processes.

Thanks,
Ruslan

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 persistent variable in mod_perl
NT / IIS
I have the same question, is there a way to have session variables
accessible via perl files without resorting to perlscript embedded in asp?
(not cookies, but "session" variables)

Quote:
> Is it possible to make a variable(once initialized) to be available during
> server live time?
> Like microsoft's Application("var")

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 persistent variable in mod_perl

Quote:
> NT / IIS
> I have the same question, is there a way to have session variables
> accessible via perl files without resorting to perlscript embedded in asp?
> (not cookies, but "session" variables)

it's tough to share these across processes.  you may consider putting
the data in some place where the different processes can access them.
how you do that depends on what you are trying to do.

--
brian d foy
CGI Meta FAQ <URL:http://www.smithrenaud.com/public/CGI_MetaFAQ.html>

Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. persistent DBI connections in my perl module under mod_perl

2. persistent connection with Apache::DBI (mod_perl)

3. mod_perl, Apach::DBI and persistent database connections

4. persistent connection with Apache::DBI (mod_perl)

5. Persistent variables? (actually, saving and restoring vars)

6. Persistent Environment Variables

7. persistent variables ?

8. persistent variable trouble

9. mod_perl remembers values of variables from one call to another

10. mod_perl variables

11. mod_perl subroutine/modules and variables problem

12. mod_perl and the global variable?