is there a whois module? finger?
Author Message
 is there a whois module? finger?

I would like a reasonably portible whois, so I figured perl
would be good for it. I checked CPAN but I didn't see one.
Did I miss it? (My guess was that it would be a Net::
thing.)

whois works a lot like finger, right? Connect to the machine
on the port, issue a one line request, get an answer, end of
story. Is there a finger module?

Elijah
------
wow rearranging the words in the subject produces interesting things

Sat, 22 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 is there a whois module? finger?

>whois works a lot like finger, right? Connect to the machine
>on the port, issue a one line request, get an answer, end of
>story. Is there a finger module?

Yup, just connect to either port and send the query.
I guess that's why it isn't worth the trouble writing a module for! ;)
--

iphil communications:  isp/intranet design and implementation, makati city, ph

Sun, 23 May 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Wanted: whois module

2. Whois module?

3. Whois module for new Shared Registration System

4. Internic WHOIS module?

5. What module am I missing?

6. buliding a module, am i being stupid ?

7. Installing modules::I guess I am just an idiot

8. I am looking for module SMTP.pm

9. Am I hosed? (Can't compile modules)

10. Database module: am I reinventing the wheel?

11. perl script to reverse-finger when someone fingers you!

12. Perl/finger